Monday, June 2, 2014

Photo Dump~Summer Preview


I <3 SUMMER. There's nothing quite like living without a dictated schedule 6 days a week. I love the smell of cut grass, the blue skies, the pop up thunderstorms, the smell of chlorine (although trust me, ours smells more like pond scum and tadpole than chlorine right this moment). I love waking up on my own, and letting my kids wake up on their own. I love going to the drive in, staying up until you are practically delirious and then doing it again. There's nothing like burning a bonfire and cooking hot dogs and marshmallows over it. Telling ghost stories and summer camp. Summer isn't just for kids, but why are almost all the best memories in summer? Here's to making more summer memories than ever during Summer 2014!

At some point during a moment of Mommy desperation, probably during a long, hot summer, I taught my eldest two kids how to make "fairy houses". Desaray and Jackson spent hours gathering twigs, rocks, moss, leaves and other items to build the fairies houses to live in out beside our house. They would sit in the shade and while away the hours doing this. My heart felt like it would burst out of my chest on Saturday when Jackson (who is more and more grown up everyday) told Zeke that they would go build a fairy house. Jackson's fairy house looks more like a Viking longhouse, but you get the idea.

When I think about my family's current state: I think "boys". Riley is the only girl left at home except for me, and it's hard for a sister out there! I pray that I can be the kind of mother that she needs, because I know she needs more more than ever now.

Zeke's tricycle from Mamaw & Papaw=winning. That is all.

Oh. My. Heart. The look of concentration on this child's face melts me. He is literally just deciding who he is going to be. How precious is that? He's still little enough that he loves to hug me right around my middle and squeeze. But big enough that he doesn't want to be babied all of the time. He is doing so well at being a big brother, but struggles a bit to find his "new place" in the family. Part of adoption is realizing that our family will never be the same again, and it's a bit sad for everyone in that way. Wessie isn't the "baby" anymore, no matter how much he may want to be. Last week he had a bad afternoon and acted out a little. At his Daddy's advice, I took him for a drive and talked to him. Sometimes a boy just needs to drive on country roads, look at the sunset and talk to his Mama. I am so thankful that Jason was able to see his need and identify it. I have a pretty special husband.

Jeff. So much to say. He has big plans, big dreams. He is serious and goofy. He is quiet yet silly. He is confident and shy. He is a self proclaimed "winner" at all things. (We are working on that). He wants to change his name to Jefferson. I only found that out today. He announced it when we were touring the elementary aged kids' new school today. He related that we had given Zeke a "good new name" in addition to his old one, and he wanted one too. He said he wanted to be Jefferson. He said it so imploringly and so sincerely that I think it will probably happen. So....may I introduce to you Jefferson Lamarre Bibb? Of course, he's still Jeff....but whatever makes the kid happy! (Interestly enough, he also related that he wanted to be Jefferson because he is "our son".)

More big brother love. I am seriously impressed with Jackson taking on this role with such enthusiasm.

And Sugar Baby and her Daddy.

Zeke is enjoying his new sandbox and his plethora of Super-Hero apparel he received for his birthday. He's a blessed kid, but more importantly, we are a blessed family, who have such good friends and family to support and love us.

I'm glad Jackson doesn't have FB yet, so I can post embarrassing pics like this of him without fear of recrimination or payback. He was showcasing the obscenly large piece of chocolate in his moose tracks ice cream, but he looks like an escaped convict from forensic psychiatry here.

Wal-Mart. The "market". The really, really big market, that according to Jeff, overprices everything. "Mom, how much is a bike?" Me: "$99". Jeff: "What? Too much Mom! Too much!" This goes on for minutes, hours, perhaps days. Everything is cute, everything is nice, he would like 3 of each. But it's all too much money! Bless it.

Selfie of me and my baby girl. I know selfie's aren't cool for my age, but I seriously want to record every minute with this girl. She's going to be a world changer. She tells me she wants to be a missionary doctor. She doesn't know where, but when I say that she's smart enough to do just that--I mean it. She's got the goods.

Basketball is not Jeff's sport of choice, but Herby was there, so he played anyway! Jackson is so excited about going to public school this next year, he has been practicing basketball everyday. I hope he gets to play!

Just a little bit of sass.

All dressed up for Honor's Banquet. And did I mention he has a girl crush/female friend? I refuse to say girlfriend about my 13 year old, but seriously--he says he has a girlfriend. This brings up a whole set of conversations and issues that I was hoping to avoid for a while, but also presents the obvious conclusion--he's growing up too fast.

**So, that's it for the Bibb tribe for this week. Pray for us as we transition through some non-adoption changes in our lives. Nothing bad, just needed change. And for the love of all that's holy--let's slow time down, shall we? I'd like summer to drag out at least a couple of months longer than it's going to. Solidarity my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment