Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My God is So Big

There have been times in my life when I have questioned how big God really is. I've questioned His plans, how things have played out not so much in my own life--but the lives of others who are less fortunate, who have not had the life I have known. Now is NOT one of those times.

My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!

Over the course of the past few weeks, and since God has led us to pursue this adoption, I have known that if He is in it--everything will work out perfectly. Let me start with our home study. Our social worker was a Christian lady, whose husband just happened to work at Southeast Christian Church with Jason. Obviously she did her due dilligence as a home study provider, and interviewed our family just like she would any family. But imagine the peace and security in knowing that it is not a random stranger we are dealing with--it is a sister in Christ.

Last night we had our psychological evaluation. We were far, far from Louisville, and met with a psychologist who I found by googling him. He just happened to be a Christian man also, with a degree in Christian education and psychology. He just happened to have grown up with Dave Stone from Southeast (his Dad pastored a church after Dave's Dad did), and again--the peace of God reigned.

Sometimes we may want to question what our role is in God's plan, why things are happening the way they are, or why things can't be different. We will not know the answers to many of those questions this side of heaven.

But one thing I have learned, and I will not forget this--I will tell EVERYONE who will listen:

"MY GOD IS SO BIG, SO STRONG & SO MIGHTY, THERE'S NOTHING MY GOD CANNOT DO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment