Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy 11th Birthday~~Missing You!

Happy 11th Birthday Jeffrey Lamarre Bibb! I had so hoped we would have you home in the U.S. with us by now, but I guess God had other plans. I don't understand the "why" or the plan, but I am trusting Him.

So here is my promise to you.

I promise that your 12th birthday will be different. I promise that we will have a big party, with a cake and ice cream, balloons and lots of guests. I promise that there will be gifts and laughter and most of all love from your friends and your family who have waited so long to meet you.

I promise that by your next birthday you will be settling into life in a family. Not just life in the U.S., but life in a family. Life with sisters and brothers and a mother and father. Sometimes life in a family isn't all rosy, sometimes is a messy thing. I promise that by your 12th birthday you will see that. You will have experienced hugs and wrestling with your new brothers, spats and arguments. You will feel pride and joy at the accomplishments of your family and yourself.

I promise that by your next birthday you will be fully immersed in school life. It's not going to be easy learning English as your primary language, but I am confident you can do it. I promise that Daddy and I will help you as much as you need. I promise that there are fantastic teachers who are waiting to see what you need and to help fill in those gaps.

I promise that by your next birthday our church will love you. You will have friends here just like you have in Haiti, although you will have less "brothers"! Your church friends and school friends will help guide you as you walk through the transition from life in Haiti to life here. Our church family has prayed for you for countless hours....they have prayed you home.

I promise that by your next birthday you will be used to hot water and holidays. You will have a closet with your own clothes and your own toys.

I promise that by your next birthday you will likely be missing Haiti. Missing the heat, your friends, your routine. But I also promise that your Daddy and I will do everything in our power to make your 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th.....years the best years of your life.

My prayer for you today Jeff Lamarre Bibb~~is that you feel the magnitude of our love for you. You won't feel our arms around you today, but I promise you it will be soon. I haven't stopped talking to God about you and I know it will be soon.

Love you lots,
Mama Chassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment