Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Night=HOPE

The adoption journey is a funny thing. As an adoptive parent, you have the support of your family and friends. They are invaluable, and truthfully will be the ones who are there to support you and your family once your child/children come home.

But, along the way....along the journey, as an adoptive mom I have met this beautiful, aching community of other adoptive parents (admittedly mostly Mamas) who are on the same journey, experience the same hurts and have the same hopes.

At times, while my jargon of IBESR, MOI, Parquet, USCIS, etc may seem foreign to my family and friends--these people get it.

So, while I was just feeling sorry for myself this weekend....I got a wake up call from a couple of adoptive Mamas.

See, the weekends are silent. The weekends mean no progress in the adoption world. It means about 55 hours without a word on your case, or any hope for any movement. It means trying to put away your smart phone (which incidentally, you check your email on about every hour); it means knowing that the Embassy (in my case) is closed and won't re-open until Monday morning at 7am. The weekends can be painful.

But....my friends reminded me of this...."Sunday nights bring renewed hope."

Thanks Dena for the sweet reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Chassidy, continuing to pray and trust and hope along side you. Your faithfulness and steadfastness, your authenticity, all of it are bringing Him glory and I just praying with all my heart that his is your day...please Lord, this very day may her hope and faith be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete