Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Updates...


This boy is absolutely blossoming. In the past two weeks he has began speaking in full English sentences, not just to let us know his wants/needs, but to actually communicate! He's having conversations now, which is incredibly cute. He's doing well on potty training (still not 100% in underwear yet) and going to his Ms Susan's (daycare/love) 3 days a week. He is becoming more loving towards me, which was a big deal....at first he only seemed to pay attention to Jason. He is in perfect health and is doing beautifully. Praise the Lord!

This sweet girl is growing up all too quickly. She is becoming more opinionated and sassy by the minute, while practicing her sharpening wit on her Daddy and big brothers. She is smart and driven. Watch out world.

These two are doing better together, less fighting overall, although Jackson is 100% sure to make sure that Jeff knows he's the "little brother"

Jeff seems to be settling in more as time goes on. Seemingly small things are the ones that are the most difficult--I won't mention them all here for his privacy, but think: social skills, eye contact, etc. We teach our children those things from birth on up, but they probably don't seem as important when you are in an orphanage full of kids. I worry for him and starting public school tomorrow, but he is a smart, good boy, and will learn very quickly. I am praying that God guards his heart, because it is tender.

Wessie and Daddy. Jason is doing just fine, I'm happy to report! Wes has struggled to find his way since the boys came home in April. In many pictures, you will find Weston frowning/looking sad. I have talked to him about that, and he tells me, "He doesn't like smiling". I'm unsure how much of it is being "like Daddy", who apparently doesn't like smiling in pictures either, and how much is a little bit of loss.....so we have both tried to show him extra attention and love. I noticed yesterday though, how close Wes and Jeff seem. For the most part, they are BFF's and spend most of their time together. My prayer for Weston is that he continues to know how much he is loved, and his place in our family.

Jackson's personality has come out full force this summer, and for the most part, I can say that I love being Mom to a teenage boy. He is so forthcoming and sensitive, funny and always joking. He's not afraid to laugh at himself and knows how "good he looks in pink". He has taken to babying Riley, pampering her, which Riley loves. Jackson is going into 8th grade this year in New Washington, he's nervous but hopeful I think. I pray that he doesn't change, pray that he keeps his sensitive and giving heart and funny sense of humor. I pray that I am the Mom that he needs, and that he continues to turn to me and his Dad when he has questions or problems.

And here you can see how my "Baby Huey" has grown. He is a couple of inches taller than me already. We are pictured above with Harley Grace, marching in the annual Firemen's Picnic parade for Aunt Nancy McDevitt, who is running for Clark Co Treasurer.

And that's all sunshine there!

Riley's first year of 4-H was a success. I think Jackson was inspired, because he took a bunch of picture on vacation to do photography  next year.

Riley showed "Marietta", a boer goat doe at the 4H fair. Marietta did well for her, getting 1st place. Riley had a good, but tiring week, helping feed, clean out pens, walk goats, wash and groom them with the Giltner clan. I know she made happy memories and learned valuable life skills.

He did it! And that's how I'll end this post. Because there is NEVER a dull moment at the Bibb House.

No comments:

Post a Comment