Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Continuing the Countdown--Let's Pray our Boys Home!

Passports: 1 week

USCIS: 4 weeks (they complete the orphan investigation)

Visa: 3 weeks

Exit letter: 1 week

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can you sense my excitement here? WE are literally down to weeks before both boys should land on U.S. soil! I cannot thank God enough for this. When we began this process here, we had no idea what the future would hold.

During this process, God has shown me that there is nothing I can do in and of myself, but that HE can do everything. He can provide the finances for our adoption as easily as HE can stop the wind or let me wake up each morning. And HE did. We will be ending this adoption story 100% debt free, much of that is in part to our family and friends, and even strangers who gave. For that, we thank HIM and we thank YOU!

It has occurred to me that we have quite a bit of things left to do before we can expect the boys home, so I will be busy, busy, busy preparing rooms, buying clothes, a carseat, all those things that seemed so far off that it never made sense to start. :)

If I could ask for you to pray for our boys hearts, that God would prepare them for what will be the biggest change in their lives....it will be both overwhelming to them and joyous. And for our family, that we spend the coming weeks loving on each other and enjoying our calm before the "storm". A good storm, but still a little tempest I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment