Monday, November 18, 2013

Waiting Well

What does it mean to "wait well"?

Psalm 27:14: Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

I have to tell you that after almost 3 years of waiting, I'm not sure I understand it anymore than I did when I began. But I can tell you I'm better at it now. I can enjoy each day now. I can understand that God's plans aren't my plans, and no matter how much I'd like to understand, would like to demand an explanation--that ultimately the timing of EVERYTHING is in His hands.

What does this mean for our adoption? It means that God has already appointed the day when our boys will walk with us through our door. He knows how much we long to wrap our arms around them--and the Bible says that if we love our boys that much~how much more does He love them? He knows what's best for them. He has plans for them. He has plans for us.

It means that every numbered day that passes brings us closer to bringing our boys home. It means that He provides courage and will strengthen our hearts if we will only ask.

Maybe you aren't facing an international adoption. Maybe you're facing illness, loss of a parent, a spouse, maybe your finances are in disarray. What is your crisis today? Turn to the one who can give you courage and strength. He never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment