Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A thrill of hope....

Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angels' voices
Oh night, divine, Oh night--when Christ is born...

I feel like this song is playing itself out in my life today. Long lay the world, in sin and error pining. We have been waiting for 2.5 years. So tired of waiting.

A thrill of hope, the weary soul rejoices. A thrill of hope is what I feel with every update. Hope is life my friends. Without it, we can't bear to look at the possibility of tomorrow. Hope is crucial.

For yonder breaks a new and cloudless morn. The new year approaches. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, how could I not? But a part of me yearns for 2014. That part of me wants to put 2013 behind me, to stretch into the new year, into a year when our boys surely will step foot off a plane and onto U.S. soil as U.S. citizens. As our children. Now, I know they are legally already our children, but I've just began answering "6" when people ask me how many children I have. Before now, it didn't seem quite real.

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, with glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. What has this journey been, if not a faith filled one? We began this almost 3 years ago, not knowing what would happen, only being willing. Fast forward another year and a half and we adjusted our expectations and made room in our hearts to adopt both boys. What has allowed us to accept this so serenely aside from faith? I'm not in any way bragging. We've doubted, we've cried, we've raged about the length of time this process has taken--but faith has made sanity possible. Faith has allowed me to smile when so many have asked: "when?"

Christ is the Lord! Oh praise His name forever, His power and glory evermore proclaim....do I even need to explain what this line means to me? He is Lord. He knows best. He has ordained this adoption, has chosen to bless our family from what is trauma for two sweet children--He has monitored every step of the process, and Yes--He even knows and allows the paper work screw ups. Why? Because He's God. And His ways are higher than ours. He knows every hair on our boys' heads and knows when our family is ready to receive them home, as well as when they are ready to be here. Praise His name forever.

May you see the wonder and joy of the season, in the simple carols to the beauty all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment